Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Cute Cousin Amy Marie

I spent the afternoon with my cute cousin Amy Marie, she was in town this week for the Mary Kay Conference. Who knew you could really make a living selling Mary Kay, well she does. She has a degree in music education but has quit teaching (for several reasons) and has been selling Mary Kay full time the past year. It is amazing, she has such drive.

Anyhow, I picked her up and we had lunch at the Macaroni Grill. We drove up to the temple and looked around a bit and then went to Moon's I got Lily a coloring book (in hopes that she will cease and desist coloring my walls) and Alex a copy of Scripture Scouts. We chatted some more as we made our way back to Northpark Mall. Once there we cruised around for a bit looking for a bathroom.

As I was walking out of the bathroom I noticed how dark it was outside.

To be honest I was a little worried about making it to the airport. I have never been to Love Field and wasn't sure now to get there. I ran out to the car,even with an umbrella, ella, ella, eeehh,eeehh,(sorry couldn't resist) I was totally soaked. By the time the kids were in I was swimming. I am glad we decided to leave because even though Love Field was very close it took us forever to get there because traffic was standing still. I dropped her off at 6:30 and just made it home.

It was great to renew our relationship, I hope we are able to keep in touch, I didn't realize how much I missed her.

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

How fun! Yea, that rain was crazy, huh? I am soooooo soooooo sick of it!!!!!

Julianne said...

I'm glad you had such fun. Yes, MK really can work wonders--in many ways. ;) I'm actually loving the rain, but I was in UT for 6 weeks with only 2 days of rain and those were the last 2 I was there so I was tired of hot and dry. I love that everything is so green!