Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dance Dance Baby

I finally signed Lily up for dance classes today. We had been to a couple of the other studios and I wasn't really impressed with their teachers. I thought maybe that she was still too young, although a lot of the kids are younger than her, she seemed to get bored really easily and look for other things to do. Well a new studio recently opened up really close to home and I decided we would go have a look. Well color me impressed she sat, she listened and she followed the teacher.

On the way home she talked about how much she liked the teacher and how fun the class was. So I went back and signed her up.

She can't normally attend on Wednesdays as she will be at Miss Becky's so Jennifer the teacher/owner suggested the 4-5 year old class (she was huge compared to the other girls in the 3-4 year old class anyway) with the 1/2 pre-jazz add on. So it is an hour of tap and ballet with an additional 1/2 hour of pre-jazz (this was optional). Can you tell I am as excited as she is :) She has been asking for a while, I have just been waiting till school started to get her in.

Edited to add: you can find them at their website www.studioonedancecenter.com

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Fun, fun, fun! K, I need to know where this place is. My girls were asking about dance again tonight. I'm glad you found a place you both like!

Jenni said...

Studio One is at the corner of Basswood and Park Vista, right across the street from the Wal-mart neighborhood market. www.studioonedancecenter.com :)

Michelle said...

So much fun!! I remember taking all those classes when I was little.