Saturday, June 30, 2007

Just some blathering...

Ok, so Rochelle asked if we knew our state song, to be honest though, I now know the Texas State Song far better than I remember the Arizona. I do remember the chorus though.. Sing the song that's in your hearts, sing of the great southwest, thank God, for Arizona in splendid sunshine dressed. For thy beauty and thy grandeur, for thy regal robes so sheen, we hail thee Arizona our goddess and our queen...or something like that. I have to say I love the Texas state song and in coming to love this state I feel especially moved by the chorus...God Bless you Texas and keep you brave and strong, that you may grow in power and worth, throughout the ages long...I always get teary eyed with songs like that, even the national anthem does it to me...I just feel so blessed to have so much freedom.

Anyway enough babbling. CW and I went to the movies last night. I think the last movie we saw in the theater together and alone was the last Harry Potter movie 18 months ago. We went to the Movie Tavern and ate and watched at the same time. What a great idea, for us at least, usually we end up having dinner and then it's just too late for a movie. It was nice just to be out by ourselves for a couple of hours and the movie was decent (Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer). So the Movie Tavern is cool, the food decent. I give it a 4 outta 5 stars for a quick night out.

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Wow, you have a great memory. How do you know the Texas song?

Jenni said...

Alex learned it this year in choir, I think I was the only parent in the audience crying when they sang it. I have an excellent memory for anything set to music.

Michelle said...

Very impressive! I don't know the Mississippi state song. But I bet it has something to do with cotton, humidity and mosiquitoes.