Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Education of a Mom

Two important subjects were discussed at the breakfast table this morning.

Alex: Mom, have you ever had a really important job?
Me: What do you mean important? I have an important job now.
Alex: No I mean really important, like the president of something.
Me: I have an important job raising this family (teaching moment) my job raising you kids is so important that the President of our church issued a proclamation to the world about it.
Alex: President Hinkley
Me: yep and I even have a copy if you want to read it.


Eating resumes....


Alex: Guess what Mom.
Me: Alex if you are going to spout random trivia at me I would rather not guess.
Alex: (crestfallen)
Me: Is this random trivia?
Dad: Is it useful information Alex?
Alex: I think so...
Me: Ok tell me.
Alex: Mom, did you know that 20 buttons are lost every minute.
Me: (cracking up) Ok Alex, just so you know, THAT was random trivia.
Dad: Well at least you have something to blog about later.




Moral of this story, don't wish for more to blog about it or you may be subjected to questions about your job and infomation regarding the buttons of the world.



:) Good day!

7 comments:

Julianne said...

I love it! I love the buttons. What a cute story. :)

Info said...

Oh thank you so much for such a good laugh!! I really needed that today!

Chanda said...

Hilarious!

Rochelleht said...

Oh, that is too funny! I love that!!!

aurora said...

Don't you just love dinner conversations where the kids ask the questions?
Too cute!

Anonymous said...

First of all, that was hilarious... secondly- there's always TONS to blog about. Find it! Thanks for the updated.

irbuanosraL said...

This is too cute. Tell Alex hi for me. If only I could have gone around to all the friends, both kids and adults and given them a big hug before I left!!