Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sleep! Who needs it....ME!

I can't sleep.

It is not a good idea to start a novel right before going to bed. Especially not one as good as "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophie Kinsella. It is a trap I tell you! In error I thought that reading would help me go to sleep. It doesn't usually work but I was already tired at 10:30 tonight so I thought, a few minutes with a good book won't hurt...3 hours and 300 pages later, I a FORCED to stop. CW has a head ache and the light is keeping him awake. The nerve.

I lay in bed for an hour after turning off the light with a fabulous idea turning around in my brain. I just had to get up.

It's 5 till 5 and I have to be up in an hour because Alex has chess club at 7am, which means he cannot ride the bus and that I should get him up at 6 instead of 6:25.

Busy day tomorrow...see you all then!

6 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Oh my gosh, girl! You are crazy!! I do love that book, though. Greg read it on vacation. I took off the pink cover so he could preserve his manhood, but I caught him laughing out loud at several points and he was done within hours. It's so fun.

aurora said...

A great book is a fabulous reason to be up all night-- At least it wasn't the stomach flu and cleaning sheets! :)

Julianne said...

Sounds like a must-read! I'll have to check it out. What's this fabulous idea? :)

katri said...

I've heard that book is cute.

As far as sleeping material... nothing puts me to sleep like the scriptures. Please, still be my friend, but it's true. I have to read that stuff in the day light, or else it is snoozeville.

Michelle said...

Oh I did that with Twilight. BIG mistake, I couldn't put it down and ended up staying up all night reading it.

Katrina said...

Countless, countless times this has happened to me. And shamelessly, like Katri, never with the scriptures. (Hangs head.) ;)